Good news for tech teams looking to solve backup challenges.
Symantec recently announced the launch of Symantec Backup Exec 15. Back in November of last year, beta registration opened for existing Backup Exec customers. This gave participants the opportunity to test, validate and provide feedback on the upcoming release. Now the wait is over.
Backup Exec 15 delivers powerful, flexible and easy-to-use backup and recovery for virtual and physical environments. It’s designed for the entire infrastructure on various platforms such as physical, virtual or cloud.
If you’re supporting an organization that’s growing, you’ll be glad to know that Backup Exec 15 features superior VMware support, enhanced scalability and performance along with easy upgrades and cloud storage support.
With Backup Exec 15, you can protect 1 to 1000s of virtual machines and servers all from the same user console for optimal performance and efficiency.
What’s New with Backup Exec 15?
Superior VMware Support
- Backup Exec extends its industry leading support for VMware and now includes advanced integration with vSphere 6: ESXi 6.0, vCenter 6.0, Virtual SAN 6, Virtual Volumes and VMware EVO:RAIL.
Easy Upgrades and Migration
- Upgrade to Backup Exec 15 quickly and easily.
- Backup Exec maintains single backup policies for multiple servers and their configuration settings when upgrading from Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 and newer versions.
- Migrate to the Backup Exec Capacity Edition by trading in your Backup Exec, Backup Exec V-Ray or Backup Exec Small Business Edition licenses and save.
Amazon Cloud Storage
- AWS Storage Gateway VTL integration accelerates IT agility by seamlessly migrating existing and new backup jobs to cloud storage.
Enhanced Scalability and Performance
- Backup Exec now supports granular recovery for VMware Virtual Machines with GPT disks and VMware Virtual Machines with larger than 2TB volumes.
- vSphere SAN transport mode restores leveraging high performance storage
- vSphere SATA Disk support in HotAdd transport mode
For a complete list of system requirements and supported devices, please refer to System Requirements.
With the beta program testing and launch of Backup Exec 15, initial feedback from the tech industry has been quite positive.
“How would ESG Lab rate Backup Exec in terms of virtual machine backup best practices? Our testing indicates that Backup Exec has hit every best practice in the center of the target. Bullseye,” says Vinny Choinski, Senior Lab Analyst, and Kerry Dolan, Lab Analyst, ESG.
The Dewpoint Expertise
As a leader in strategic data solutions and a trusted Symantec partner, Dewpoint is uniquely positioned to share insights on the evolving data landscape and to provide expertise on Symantec Backup Exec 15.
Tags: Backup Appliances