Increase in Subscription Rates Across the Board
Microsoft rolled out a significant price increase on March 1st. This increase impacted some of the most common Microsoft 365 Business and Office 365 subscriptions. However, Microsoft has added additional value through numerous applications and features such as Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate, Stream, Planner, Visio, OneDrive, Yammer, and Whiteboard.
The price increases can be significant to a small or midsize enterprise’s bottom line; thus, reviewing your subscription options is critical. Microsoft offers a la carte options, small bundles or suites, and larger bundles composed of smaller ones. Finding the right fit for your business is more important than ever.
Current Price Changes with More to Come
Below are the price changes effective March 1st:
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic (from $5 to $6 per user)
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium (from $20 to $22)
- Office 365 E1 (from $8 to $10)
- Office 365 E3 (from $20 to $23)
- Office 365 E5 (from $35 to $38)
- Microsoft 365 E3 (from $32 to $36)
These increases were applied globally with local market adjustments for specific regions. Microsoft also announced some changes for month-to-month subscriptions coming in October (more details to follow), so it will be important to use this opportunity to optimize your licensing.
How to Get the Most Value Out of Your Microsoft License
At Dewpoint, we ensure you get the most out of all these great applications and features. As your Microsoft Silver Partner, we are as committed as ever to helping our clients and the broader business community make the best technology decisions for their organization. That includes ensuring you get maximum value from your Microsoft subscription investment through our support. Below are specific areas where we can help:
- Advanced Email Protection – comprehensive, multi-layered protection against malware
- Backup for Microsoft Office 365 – protect your users against data loss through regular backups across the entire 365 tenant
- Email Archiving – tamper-proof archiving with unlimited storage
- Email Encryption – protect sensitive email communications automatically
- Microsoft Teams – review and provide training to your staff on Teams to make sure you are using all of its capabilities
- Power BI – transforming your data into easily readable reports and dashboards for quick analysis
One Size Does Not Fit All
We can help you identify the best license for you based on specific employee requirements. Typically, employees fall into one of four categories:
- Frontline employees: Workers who are not usually assigned a traditional desktop computer
- Basic corporate employees: Workers who are tied mainly to one location and have essential productivity and collaboration needs
- Advanced corporate employees: Those working in multiple locations or who need access to more-advanced Office suite functions, collaboration services, email archiving, or legal hold
- Specialized corporate employees: Similar to advanced corporate employees, but need more-specialized services such as business intelligence, archiving, or e-discovery
Contact us if you need help determining whether lower-level suites or a la carte options could reduce your costs and fulfill your requirements more effectively without compromising productivity.