Cybersecurity Awareness Month Starts Today!
October 1, 2021
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Some facts and statistics:
- In 2019, more than $3.5 billion was lost globally to cybercrime
- Cybercriminals often impersonate big name brands
- 7 million data records are compromised daily
- The first three months of 2020 saw a 20% increase in cyber fraud as cybercriminals took advantage of the global pandemic
- It only takes one person in your organization to cause a data breach
- 75% of organizations worldwide were hit with at least one phishing attack in 2020
- A new cyberattack is launched every 39 seconds
During the next four weeks, visit the Dewpoint news page for tips on how to increase your security posture and save your organization from becoming the next cybersecurity victim!