As the impact of Covid-19 continues into 2021, many small and midsized businesses (SMB) need to rethink their total business model including the cost of information technology (IT) to ensure maximum value. Evaluating the following can help assess current IT spending and identify areas for improvement:
- Are we providing non-core services that offer no competitive advantage? For example, maintaining in-house IT versus outsourcing?
- Can we fund critical projects with our savings from IT outsourcing? Would this allow us to make other critical capital investments?
- To what extent can we reduce operating costs without significantly impacting service levels?
- With a true focus on our core services, how much can we maximize our business value and competitive position?
- Is our spending on IT comparable to industry benchmarks? If not, why?
- Does our IT spending allocation align with our overall business strategy and roadmap?
If you need guidance or an independent review in help in evaluating your IT environment for possible cost savings, contact us today. Our consultants apply their real-world knowledge and IT expertise to help SMB’s improve their technology while saving costs.