Covid-19 has not stopped attackers from taking advantage of organizations who are not fully protected from cyber security threats. Threat actors are leveraging Covid-19 and related topics in social engineering ploys. For example, the University of California recently paid over $1M in ransom following a cyber-attack. To maintain a strong security position, here are eight key reasons why your organization needs an IT Security Evaluation:
- Identify and locate vulnerabilities in your infrastructure, applications, and network.
- Perform gap analysis comparing your security program with specific regulations or frameworks.
- Establish a security maturity baseline to enable the plan to move up the maturity level.
- Review overall governance to make sure your IT security is part of the structure to quickly approve and adopt changes.
- Identify security related employee skill gaps.
- Better prepare to mitigate risk of future attacks.
- Help with finding the “right” tools to detect and prevent security attacks.
- Increase general awareness of security vulnerabilities.